Formost Fuji Corporation has been manufacturing the finest horizontal bagging, horizontal form-fill-seal wrapping and vertical form-fill-seal wrapping machines since 1964. We are also a leader in custom automation solutions. As our growth continues, we seek qualified candidates to join our team. We are currently seeking an experienced Controls Engineer.
The Controls Engineer serves to research, develop, design and oversee the implementation of custom-engineered solutions for advanced industrial equipment. This position provides technical design, project leadership, installation oversight and overall support of electrical system architecture. This position reports to the Electrical Engineering Manager.
- Participate in initial equipment conceptual development and carefully balance product specifications, process requirements, layout complexity, cost, and lead-time limits.
- Lay out new industrial electrical control panels which are NFPA79/NEC/UL508A compliant.
- Architect, write, and debug PLC code with an emphasis on generating code that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable and reusable for manufacturing applications.
- Implement (ANSI/RIA15.06/OSHA compliant) control reliable safety systems for safeguarding robots, gantries, conveyors, and other manufacturing equipment.
- Generate aesthetically simple HMI screens for complex machinery while providing sufficient feedback for troubleshooting.
- Manage electrical cabinet builds and field wiring
- Select and size electrical and electromechanical components such as servo motors and controllers.
- Deploy automated processes and equipment into production.
- Set, implement, and maintain schedules and budgets to ensure project completion.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of professional experience in the design and commissioning of automation and controls systems for industrial applications.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Allen Bradley PLC and HMI programming experience. Allen Bradley motion control platforms including CIP motion.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Process integration and electromechanical / mechatronic systems experience.
- AutoCAD Electrical experience
- Yaskawa and Siemens platforms are a plus.
- Field bus networks, serial communication, and Ethernet communication.
- Hands on experience building and commissioning high quality electrical control panels & electro-mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of NEC, NFPA 79, UL508A codes.
- Exposure to a wide variety of production machinery, industrial sensors, and equipment (Vision systems, dispense systems, temperature controllers, laser distance sensors).
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience in fast-paced iterative design and manufacturing environments.
- Experience solving complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team.
Must be willing to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed.
Some travel is required.
Employment with Formost Fuji Corporation will be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check
This is an Exempt position. The starting Salary ranges from $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year depending on experience. Paid time off, Company paid employee Medical, Dental and Life Insurance, 401(k), Potential for annual profit-sharing bonus, Relocation assistance provided.
Formost Fuji is an EOE/M/F/D/V employer
Send Resume to Sharonm@formostfuji.com
Click here to download a job application.